Terms of Service
- You may reach our merchant support by email: email@example.com
- If you reach us by email, please indicate in the subject of the email the order number and the Sub-merchant information that you wish to discuss or call the attention.
- For your inquiries, please allow us up to 48 hours to respond.
V5 Philippines Corp. (“V5 Pay”) treats personal data which it receives through its website, platforms, and other means with due care and responsibility and is dedicated to safeguarding any personal data that passes through our systems. This Privacy Statement is designed to inform and advise about the type of information that V5 Pay collects and the purposes for which this information is being processed, used, maintained and disclosed.
This also aims to explain in a simple and transparent way what personal data we gather about you and how we process it. This applies to the following persons: (a) the legal representatives and ultimate beneficial owners of all past, present and prospective V5 Pay merchants (e.g., ecommerce websites/online retailers) and other commercial contracting parties. We are also legally obliged to retain personal data of these persons, also for a reasonable period after the relationship has ended, in compliance with our ‘know your customer’ (“KYC”) policies; (b) anyone involved in any transaction with our payment institution, including non-V5 Pay customers such as consumers/payees of V5 Pay merchants; and (c) anyone with access to our payment platforms.
“Personal data” refers to any information that tells us something about you or that we can link to you. V5 Pay processes any information we receive from you, including personal and financial information you provide to us including when you or your business: make a payment, inquire or make an application for V5 Pay’ services, register to use and/or use any of our services and when you communicate with us through e-mail, SMS, a website or portal, or any other means.
Such information may include you or your customer’s: (a) full name, date of birth, e-mail address, billing address, username, password, nationality, and country of residence; (b) card/account number, card/account expiry date, CVC details, bank and/or issuer details; and/or (c) information relating to any items purchased, including the location of the purchase, the value, the time and any remarks that is provided in relation to the purchase. By processing, we mean everything we can do with this data such as, but not limited to, collecting, recording, storing, adjusting, organizing, using, disclosing, transferring or deleting. You share personal data with us, for example, when you: visit our website, complete an application form, sign a contract or agreement, make a payment or alternatively use our payment services, or contact us through one of our channels.
This Privacy Statement also informs you that V5 Pay does not process and/or use sensitive personal information relating to your health, ethnicity, religious or political beliefs. It is only right to be informed should a merchant collects payments or funds from donations for a religious group. This will be a specific circumstance that V5 Pay shall handle such information.
V5 Pay only uses your personal data for legitimate reasons and to enable us to provide the services we are tasked to perform. These include:
- Handling our Customer Service.We may ask you for feedback about our products and services and share this with certain members of our staff and/or authorized third party vendors/suppliers/partners to improve our offering.
- KYC Administration.When you open a merchant account, we are legally obliged to collect personal data that verifies your identity (such as a copy of your ID card) and to assess whether we can accept you or your company as a customer. We also need to know your address or phone number to contact you.
- Credit Risk.To assess the financial position of your company, we apply specific risk models that may involve the use of relevant personal data.
- Fraud Prevention and Detection and Data Security.We have the responsibility to protect your personal data and to prevent, detect, and contain security incidents and data breaches. This also includes information about you which we are legally obliged to from you, for example ,to comply with regulations against money laundering, terrorism financing, and fraud. We may process your personal information to protect you and your assets from fraudulent activities, for example if you are the victim of identity theft, if your personal data was disclosed, or if you are hacked.
- Fraud Investigations.We may use certain information about you for profiling (e.g., name, account number, age, nationality, IP address) to quickly and efficiently detect a particular fraudulent activity and the person behind it.
- Internal and External Reporting.We process your personal data for our payment operations and to help our management make better decisions about our operations and services. We also process your personal data to comply with a range of legally mandated reporting obligations and statutory requirements (for example, anti-money laundering legislation and tax legislation).
When we share personal data internally or with our authorized third parties, i.e., banks, card associations, and other registered financial institutions, we ensure the appropriate and reasonable security measures are in place to protect it. There are specific personal data that we must know about you so that we can initiate and execute our duties as a payment institution and fulfil our supplementary obligations. There are also personal data that we are legally obliged to collect especially if this is required by government regulators and relevant bodies. Without this data, we may, for example, not be able to open a payment processing account for your company.
We also enforce our internal framework of policies and standards to keep your data safe. These policies and standards are periodically updated to comply with applicable laws and regulations and market standards and industry best practices. More specifically and in accordance with the law, we implement reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data. Furthermore, V5 Pay’ employees and stakeholders are subject to confidentiality and may not disclose your personal data unlawfully or unnecessarily, as well as periodic training with respect to best practices to protect your persona data. In compliance with our legal obligations under applicable privacy laws and regulations, our relationships with our authorized third party partners/vendors/suppliers are covered by appropriate contractual arrangements.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet in general is not always completely secure. Although, we do our best to protect your personal information and use a variety of security measures and technologies (including encryption measures whenever applicable and appropriate), we cannot guarantee the 100% security of the transmission of information to our website; any transmission will be at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features (including encryption measures whenever applicable and appropriate) to try to prevent unauthorized access.